What do I want to eat when I’m cold? Soup.
What do I want to eat when I’m sad? Soup.
What do I want to eat when I am sick? You guessed it. Soup.
I’ve shared before the connection to my childhood offers, and that’s part of the reason I love it so much.
“Soup puts the heart at ease, calms down the violence of hunger, eliminates the tension of the day, and awakens and refines the appetite.” ~Auguste Escoffier
If you’re like me, you’re busy, and you want to cook delicious food that is also quick to make, too. Soup is a good way to get that done!
Here is a list of some of my top soup recipes; I hope you find one that sounds wonderful to you!
1. Italian sausage – vegetable soup: packed with pasta and veggies, so it fills you up and keeps you satisfied.
2. Spicy chicken-radiatore soup: This is a good, hearty, home-style soup that I hope you’ll feel free to tweak to your family’s liking. I’d suggest serving it when someone has a cold, as garlic has anit-viral properties, and the red pepper flakes’ heat will help open sinuses. Something about chicken soup really helps a sick person feel better!
3. Tortellini-vegetable soup – quick, comforting, good for you! This is my favorite and you should make it….that is all I can say. Send your thank you notes to 105 W. Ferguson St., Tyler, TX 75702. 😉
4. Black bean soup: This is the quickest to make of all the soups, and it’s really good! Similar to Panera Bread’s black bean soup.
5. Simple, spicy (and good for you!) black-eyed pea soup: A delicious soup that’s low in fat and packed with protein and deliciousness!
6. “I’m In A Hurry, Don’t Judge Me” Turkey-Vegetable Soup: You probably have all the things you need to make this soup in your pantry right now. Make it when you’re in a hurry, need to get warmed up fast, or just don’t feel like cooking!
7. Chicken pot pie soup: A very decadent concoction that takes a little more time to make, but the results are very well worth it. It’s truly comfort food!
There are even more soups in this blog, so if none of these strike your fancy, type soup in the search box to the right and see what else you find!
Please enjoy these recipes and know that whether you’re eating alone or around a big family table, you are important enough to cook something wonderful for. You deserve it!
“There is nothing like soup. It is by nature eccentric: no two are ever alike, unless of course you get your soup in a can.”~Laurie Colwin, ‘Home Cooking’ (1988)
Copyright 2013 Stephanie Hill Frazier. All rights reserved.