What a miracle…a white Christmas in East Texas!
I’ve lived in Texas for 14 years now, and though we’ve had snow at other times, we’ve never had an actual white Christmas….until yesterday.
It was fun and so beautiful. It made the day even more special.
Also, I got to feed kids and family and I loved that! Pork tenderloin, ham steak with brown sugar-mustard glaze, homemade rolls, au gratin potatoes, and more. In this pic, the kids were eating taco soup for lunch. Perfectly spicy and hot on a cold day to keep everyone warm.
A few days ago, I made this delicious apple-pumpkin bread with dried cranberries. It was perfect to snack on during the cold days before Christmas! Here’s the recipe, in case you’d like to try it soon. It’s moist and delicious beyond belief, and perfect for breakfast or dessert. I hope you enjoy it!
Apple-pumpkin bread with dried cranberries
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and cloves. In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, water, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in apples and cranberries, if using.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
(Adapted from a Taste of Home recipe)
6 thoughts on “Spiced apple-pumpkin bread with dried cranberries”
Gosh, This looks so outstanding! =D
The snow is very pretty, perhaps more so since it’s a rarity. The bread sounds amazing! I love all the different fall flavors in it.
Thanks, Laura! It was so much fun to have snow on Christmas day! 🙂 I hope you’ll try out the recipe and let me know what you think. I love those spices, too!